Your daily news portal

Posted by portugalpress on October 09, 2017

With only one of his suspected attackers behind bars awaiting an upcoming trial for murder, the family of Albufeira barman Paulo Santos (also known as Paulo di Santo) is demanding justice.

A representative who asked not to be named is reported to have told Correio da Manhã tabloid that the family wants to see everyone involved in their loved one’s brutal death behind bars.

So far, two of the accused remain free, required only to make daily appearances at their local police station in Faro.

The jailed suspect was arrested in Lisbon.

The trio face charges of qualified murder and GBH - but the family has intimated that it is not satisfied with the way the investigation is going.

One of the main concerns is that the PJ theory on what happened may be flawed.

Said the family source: “The discussion (that led to the attack on Paulo) started between the aggressors and a couple” who were at the hot dog stand not far from the bar where Paulo worked.

“Paulo was on his own and separate from them. He was attacked from behind and had nothing to do with the confusion”, claims the source.

The 35-year-old father, originally from Lisbon, died five days after his brutal beating, having never regained consciousness (click here).

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com

Categories: 

News Stories

Forestry producers who have any trees...
Nobel International School near Porches...
It’s a 12-year problem on the Azorean...