Your daily news portal

Posted by portugalpress on April 20, 2017

The Miam Miam restaurant in Lagos’ historic centre was “destroyed” in a fire last night (April 19).

A cook had to be taken to the hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after “hot oil ignited in the kitchen,” Lagos mayoress Joaquina Matos told regional news website Sulinformação.

The restaurant was ravaged but firefighters stopped the flames from spreading to other buildings.

The fire broke out at around 8pm, and was brought under control by 9.30pm.

Flames were battled by 51 firefighters aided by 27 vehicles.

Miam Miam is located on Rua Marquês do Pombal in one of Lagos’ busiest areas. According to its Trip Advisor page, it specialises in “contemporary Mediterranean, European and Portuguese” cuisine.

The Resident tried to contact the restaurant’s management but our calls went straight to voicemail.

michael.bruxo@algarveresident.com

Photo: Pit PeterHocke - Facebook

Categories: 

News Stories

July 20, 2017 Director: Seth Gordon...
July 20, 2017 Director: Brian Fee;...
Maple Garlic Chicken is a delicious...